Your photos, signs, signboards, artworks, et.c. for indoors and outdoors use can be designed here all by yourself (however you want it) and Smoothgift will engrave it, paint it or gild it for you on a 3mm thick Dibond plate. Basically, if you can imagine it and it can be drawn on paper, then Smoothgift can cut it for you.
Dibond also called Aluminium Composite Panel (ACP) Aluminium Composite Material, (ACM) is a flat panel that consists of two thin aluminium sheets bonded to a non-aluminium core. The core is commonly low density polyethylene, or a mix of low density polyethylene and mineral material to exhibit fire retardant properties. The light-weight and rigid composite panel is ideal for large signage applications, architectural signs, display and exhibition, POS / POP display, digital and screen printing, photomounting, interior design and industry and transport. 3A Composites (formerly Alcan Composites and Alusuisse) invented Aluminium Composites over 40 years ago with Alucobond, followed by Dibond 20 years ago.
Some sheets will look fantastic, but installation with exposed edges will quickly break down the core or cause excessive expansion and contraction resulting in -oil-canning- and /or delamination. This will not happen with Dibond sheet, it is a smooth, strong sheet designed to last.
Advantages of DibondWhat is Dibond?Dibond
- The special aluminium alloy offers increase corrosion resistance and advantages in processing especially for 3D applications.
- The super-polyester lacquer guarantees ideal printing and lamination properties, for screen, lamination as well as for digital printing
- The black PE core with UV blocker increases the UV resistance (compared to a bright core material)
- Despite its light weight, DIBOND offers high rigidity and perfect flatness, also with thin sheets.
- Excellent exterior stability within a range of temperatures from - 50 to +80Cel and minor thermal expansion
- DIBOND is environmentally friendly as well as fully recyclable. Also there are no heavy metals in the paint - This is guaranteed by a certificate of Dibond.
is a lightweight aluminum composite material that provides excellent durability in both indoors and outdoor elements. Suitable for extreme sun and the coldest environments.
The Dibond plate we use is the best of quality. Whether you are exposing your piece to indoor or outdoor UV light, UV can significantly degrade the quality of any artwork or document when left over time. Our Dibond plate UV-protection keeps out the damage caused by the sun''s rays. It is resistant to Ultra-Violet (UV) light.
When you engrave your paintings on a Dibond plate at Smoothgift, you will be adding a new dimension to your paintings. The mounting process which incorporates use of special double-sided optical clear silicon adhesive ensures that the reproduced prints is firmly glued to the front of the Dibond plate leaving no strips, air-bubbles nor silvering. What you get is a highly transformed paintings with vibrant colours and enhanced fine details. A centre piece for any room.
To send us the photo you would like to mount please do one of the following:
- Upload your photo/image files (also scanned images) to us from this website (in 'quot;Available Options'quot; below) or
- send it to us by email or
- If your file is on CD/DVD contact us (please use the contact form 'quot;Ask a question about this product'quot; just above the products images on this page) for the address to send it to by post.
After we received your files or prints to be mounted, your photo will then be printed on a professional glossy Kodak photo paper to ensure highest quality print. The printed photo is then mounted with the special double-sided optical clear silicon adhesive vinyl to the Dibond plate. For protection and long durability, your photo can be printed on a high quality waterproof and heat resistant vinyl. This is then mounted face down to the Dibond so that the print is protected. This mounting process is also suitable for outdoor photo display.
Dibond photoprint can also be delivered with:
- 4 bored holes to facilitate hanging (if using a standoff hanging system)
- Hand polished edges
- a complete set of versatile stainless steel standoff hanging system (stainless steel) or
- a complete set of floating French cleat hanging system (wood or plexiglass)
Most photo editing file formats such as .PSD, BMP,TIFF, PDF, JPG, PNG, are accepted.
Most of the time, images can be enlarged from their original low resolution (small) size to the required bigger size. To ensure excellent quality, photos and scanned images are advised to be in the Minimum Prints resolution.
The rule of thumb with required Minimum Prints resolution is to use the professional standard of 300 pixels/inch for resolution. This is our recommendation.
Mounting VS printingMounting and Engraving
Why mounting is better than printing: Compared to directly printing on perpex and other substrates, our process produces a much better quality because the image is first printed (in a professional photo lab) on a high quality photo paper. The special double-sided optical clear silicon adhesive vinyl used for mounting is ultraviolet UV resistant. So is the Dibond plate. The mounting system and the UV resistance attribute help to ensure that the image mounted on to the Dibond plate is protected as well as retains its quality over many years. Direct printing on Dibond plate lacks this quality.
',CENTER);" onmouseout="nd();">Mounting and Engraving processes
'nbsp;'#124;'nbsp; Versatile hanging system
',CENTER);" onmouseout="nd();">Versatile standoff hanging system
'nbsp;'#124;'nbsp;Floating French cleat hanging system
',LEFT);" onmouseout="nd();">Floating French cleat hanging system
Please select your choices in "Available Options" below. For example, you can choose to just engrave or engrave and then colour/gild your engraving with beautiful images. Images (ready to engrave) are offered for free in "Engrave this image". For more information on engraving, see "Engraving" or "help".